never have I ever

Devi's dead father's spirit to Devi in her dreams when he is watching a tennis game show on TV - "This is Jack EnRoe. He is my favorite player. Just look at him. He doesn't let anyone push him . Look at him, giving it back to that umpire. He's a firecracker. Just like you. "

Paxton is pissed with Devi for two timing and breaking his hand at her party. He makes her do his homework as he has lost his swimming scholarship that he has worked so hard for, because he hurt his arm coz of her heartbreak at her party. Rebecca (his autistic sister) finds out. She loves him and gives him a reality dose. 
Rebecca: You're making Devi do your homework? 
Paxton: Its not what you think. You don't understand Rebecca. She is the reason on don't have any.... 
Rebecca:... Dignity? 
Paxton: No.. Ouch Rebecca.. Jesus.. Shes the reason I don't have a chance at a scholarship anymore. She is the one responsibile for this. It makes sense for her to help me. She owes me. 
Rebecca: No one owes you. I had to work so hard to get into this fashion programme. 
Paxton: I know. And I am proud of you. 
Rebecca: Don't you wanna be proud of yourself? 
Paxton: I do. But without Devi, I don't know if I have a shot at college anymore. 
Rebecca: Then maybe, you don't deserve to go to college... 

Paxton is upset and talks to his grandpa that everyone, including his own loving kind parents, feel like he is not smart enough to get into college, and this is what his grandpa says: "Paxton, people are going to say all sorts of things about you. That you're not smart. That you don't belong. But the only opinion that truly matters is what you think of your own self. So make yourself proud. "

Devi's counsellor to Devi in a therapy session: "Listen, in life the trick is to not let somebody else define you. When you do that, you give them your power".




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

# 4

#1